Have you ever had a tooth knocked out by accident during a game? Or have you ever woken up in the middle of the night from excruciating mouth pain? If either of these have ever happened to you or a loved one, then you know how important finding quality emergency dental care in Rigby can be in these type of situations. Dental emergencies happen all the time and when they do happen your Rigby emergency dentist should be the first one you call. At Cedar Creek Dental, we want to make sure that all of our patients, new and old, have the proper information and tools for knowing when an emergency dental issue is urgent and also tips on how to prevent some dental emergencies. For more information about Cedar Creek Dental office in Rigby, click here.
Urgent Dental Emergencies
Some dental emergencies can wait until business hours to be dealt with before causing a real issue. For other more urgent emergencies, seeing a dentist within 30 minutes of the accident or injury could make all the difference in keeping your tooth. Below, are common urgent dental emergencies that need to be dealt with immediately by your local emergency dental care in Rigby:
- A knocked out tooth or teeth.
- A tooth that is loose or out of alignment
- A chipped or fractured tooth that is causing severe pain. If there is no pain, you can wait a couple days if you need to before needing emergency dental care in Rigby
- Facial pain and tissue injuries. Depending on the severity of the injury, you may need to go to an Emergency Room for proper care.
- Severe mouth pain that can not be soothed by over the counter pain medication like Tylenol or Ibuprofen.
If you are still not sure if you need emergency care, feel free to call Cedar Creek Dental. We are always happy to answer your questions.
How To Prevent Dental Emergencies
Though dental accidents are just that- accidents, there are some preventative measure that you can take to prevent some dental emergencies from happening.
- First and foremost, many dental emergencies can be avoided by having regular checkups from your Rigby dentist, at least twice a year.
- Wearing a mouth guard during sports can help to prevent chipped, broken, and knocked out teeth.
- Avoid chewing or biting down on hard foods, candy, and ice chips that can chip or fracture your teeth.
At Cedar Creek Dental, we can promise you quality emergency dental care in Rigby with excellent customer service, and spa like amenities to make any dental emergency not seem so scary. We also offer conscious sedation that can help relieve stress during a dental procedure. Our dental team is highly trained and equipped to treat any dental emergency you may have. Our mission is to create beautiful smiles that will last a lifetime and that includes taking care of any dental emergencies that life throws your way.