The therapeutic benefits of cannabis and cannabinoids are hard to ignore, especially if you are currently taking some kind of opioid medication. Quickly replacing prescribed drugs, hemp/marijuana-derived CBD tinctures are gaining momentum in the medical marijuana field as a powerful daily supplement. Not only can tinctures be used to bolster health but also, to cure certain conditions. In fact, feminized marijuana strains are chosen specifically for their anti-inflammatory and anti-anxiety effects.
But, what is CBD, you ask? Available to purchase in almost every San Francisco dispensary, CBD is the abbreviation for a non-psychoactive constituent of cannabis, known as Cannabidiol. Don’t get it mixed up with Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) though, which is a naturally-occurring ingredient that has the ability to influence the mind. When extracted from the dry herb itself, cannabinoid-rich oils can be absorbed by the body almost instantly for maximum therapeutic results.
Once you start introducing CBD oil into your everyday life, you are guaranteed to notice changes, both physically and mentally. Prepare yourself for the positive outcome by knowing what to anticipate with your first taste of oil marijuana concentrate.
What are CBD tinctures?
A tincture is essentially a liquid extract created from plants and herbs. In the case of CBD tinctures, cannabis concentrate is usually blended with water and alcohol, which works by absorbing and preserving powerful cannabinoids. Formerly “untreatable” diseases are now being cured with the use of CBD tinctures and similar products. Many women will even use hemp-derived CBD as an ingredient in their beauty products.
What are cannabis terpenes?
Ever wondered what gives the cannabis plant its pungent scent? Well, wonder no more because we are about to enlighten you. Terpenes are the aromatic oils that give each bud its unique smell, whether it is the citrus undertones of Lemon Haze or the signature sour blueberry aroma of Blue Dream.
Without terpenes, each and every single strain of cannabis would lack its aromatic diversity. Consider what flavors you are in favor of to avoid buying CBD tinctures with an unfavorable terpene profile. Aside from delivering a burst of flavor, terpenes have a specific effect on the body. What’s more, the medical value of each terpene differs.
Why is the sublingual method proven most effective?
Millions of people are now choosing to alleviate their health conditions with sublingual ingestion. If you are wondering why CBD tinctures are being promoted so fiercely above other CBD consumption methods, understand that the sublingual method is fast, easy and effective. Dosing sublingually beneath the tongue ensures fast-acting therapeutic effects. Cannabinoids travel through the bloodstream and in most cases, will start to provide relief in less than a minute! Sublingual, as opposed to smoking, allows for maximum dosing control.
The Benefits of CBD Tinctures
Unlike the psychoactive compound THC, CBD will not make you feel overly sedated or relaxed, nor will it interfere with your daily life. In fact, CBD tinctures have the potential to do quite the opposite.
Let’s expand on some of the main benefits of these powerful supplements:
- Eases Pain and Inflammation – Arthritis sufferers may turn to CBD tinctures as a way of relieving pain and inflammation in the joints. Chronic pain, such as migraines and back pain, may also be eased when concentrated cannabis oil is dropped into the mouth.
- Relieve Cancer-Related Nausea and Pain – So effective is CBD at treating patients with cancer-related nausea and pain that it is even being recommended by doctors. Marijuana tinctures are simple to administer and will not disrupt chemotherapy.
- Minimizes the Symptoms of Anxiety – In the past, cannabis was said to cause mental problems but as research proves, it can actually help people who are dealing with mental disorders, such as anxiety. High-CBD strains should be chosen over high-THC strains for the best results. When administered in the right dose, CBD tinctures can also work as an antipsychotic.
- Reduces the Development of Diabetes – Incredibly, insulin is being replaced with cannabis-based medications, like tinctures. Not only could CBD reduce chronic inflammation and restless leg syndrome (two symptoms linked to type 2 diabetes) but also, it has the potential to cure the disease completely, according to researchers.
- Treats Neurological Conditions – Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, migraines and epilepsy are just a few neurological conditions that can be treated with CBD tinctures, which also encourage better cardiovascular health.
How do I choose the correct CBD dosage for tinctures?
Although it is impossible to overdose on cannabis, you should still pay attention to the dosage. (This is particularly important if you plan on using tinctures with the psychoactive compound, THC!) Unless the dosage is sufficient for your specific needs, the outcome may not be as expected.
For general health enhancement, buy tinctures that contain no more than 15 mg of CBD. Chronic pain can be treated with up to 20 mg and sleep disorders with 50-150 mg of CBD. Budtender guidance, combined with the intelligence of a healthcare professional, will make certain you are not under or over-doing it.
Are you using CBD to treat a medical condition? Share your story in the comments.